Blueberry & Cream Cheese Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 muffins
- 7 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- Just under 1 cup superfine sugar
- ¼ tsp. fine salt
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1. Line a muffin pan with wrappers; preheat oven to 400°F. Melt butter in a medium nonstick pan over low heat.
- 2. Remove from heat; whisk in the oil, yogurt, vanilla, and eggs.
- 3. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl, stir in the sugar and salt, then make a well in the middle.
- 4. Pour the yogurt mixture into flour well.
- 5. Lightly fold the dry ingredients into the wet using a rubber spatula until the mixture has just come together.
- 6. Pour in the blueberries, working them into the batter with the bare minimum of stirring. (The mixture will still look lumpy.)
- 7. Spoon half the batter into the prepared baking cups.
- 8. Then dot about ½ tsp. of the cream cheese on top of the batter in each half-filled muffin cup.
- 9. Add remaining batter, then another ½ tsp. of cream cheese on each muffin.
- 10. Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
- 11. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
Try some other hashtag or username
Subscribe / Connect
Subscribe to my e-mail newsletter to receive updates.